Our mission at Aveda is to care for the world we live in, from the products we make to the ways in which we give back to society. At Aveda, we strive to set an example for environmental leadership and responsibility, not just in the world of beauty, but around the world.
- HORST RECHELBACHER, FOUNDER
The art and science of pure flower and plant essences
Aveda is a botanically based product company that manufactures plant-based hair care, skin care, makeup, perfume and lifestyle products. They combine the best of art and science to create products using pure, organic flower and plant essences. They are formulated to work while making your face, hair and body feel amazing, and without harming the environment.
In fact, Aveda are world leaders in post-consumer recycled packaging, manufacture their range using wind power, and guarantee all products are cruelty free, predominantly organically certified and 96% derived from natural ingredients. The other 4%? That’s the bit that keeps the products stable and safe. And Aveda is proud to have ongoing partnerships with indigenous groups who harvest natural products that in turn create economic stability for local communities.
The rituals at Aveda were born in the ancient traditions of Ayurvedic medicine, one of the world’s oldest holistic – “whole-body” – healing systems. It was developed more than 3,000 years ago in India. Ayurveda is based on the belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit.
We are justifiably proud to be an Aveda salon, and take pleasure from knowing that by choosing Aveda we are part of a greater global movement toward balance and harmony, both individual and collective, and that we are providing a holistic healing experience for our clients.